Eric S. Brown, Management Consultant
Eric S. Brown
- Organizational Development & Planning
- Accounting & Finance
5818 Piping Rock Road
Madison, WI 53711
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Assist established and growing companies with:
• Business planning, strategic planning, business model, business strategy (especially how to be more innovative or more entrepreneurial)
• Marketing strategy, market research, assessment of competition
• Finance, financing, financial analysis, financial management, grants and other types of funding.
TYPES OF CLIENTS SERVED:
• Manufacturing: Agriculture, food processing, furniture, machinery, medical instruments, paper, pottery, transportation, wood products.
• Service industry: Construction, energy conservation, financial, health screening, mail order, medical and psychological clinics, pollution control, printing, publishing, recreation, recycling, restaurants, retail stores, training, transportation, waste management, wholesale trade.
• High technology: Alternative energy, biotechnology, computer hardware and software, engineering, instrumentation, internet, nanotechnology, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications.
• Non-profit: Economic development, industrial park, trade associations.
• Business Planning: Business plans and strategic plans prepared. Business and strategic plans reviewed and critiqued. Business strategy. Advising on how to be more innovative and entrepreneurial.
• Marketing Strategies and Market Research: Market analysis including interviews and research. Marketing strategies and marketing plans developed. Industry and competitor research and analysis.
• Financing and Financial Management: Financing sources located. Financial projections prepared. Financial analysis. Financial statements analyzed and financial performance assessed. Proposals prepared for government financing programs, especially SBIR and STTR grant applications.
• Wrote business plan to raise over $1 million for rapidly growing company.
• Prepared strategic plan for wholesaler that resulted in doubling of sales.
• Performed market research and analysis for agricultural company.
• Assisted pharmaceutical and software companies in successful applications for Technology Development Fund (Wisconsin Department of Commerce). Assisted high tech companies with federal grant applications that won approximately $1 million per company.
• Facilitated strategic planning process for government agency.
• Madison Area Business Consultants, Co-Chairman since 1990
• Editorial Advisory Board for In Business Magazine. Columnist for Corporate Report Wisconsin magazine.
• Various boards of directors/advisers (e.g., Madison Public Library Foundation, UW Business School AIESEC program, various companies)
ARTICLES: Articles published include:
"Why Businesses Should Be More Entrepreneurial," Corporate Report Wisconsin, March 2012
"Recognizing Threats and Opportunities," Corporate Report Wisconsin, May 2012
"Identifying Options for Innovation," Corporate Report Wisconsin, July 2012
"Reduce Reliance on Fossil Fuels," Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, December 11, 2011
"When Should a Business Call in a Consultant?," Business Beat, October 2001
"Why You Need A Business Plan," Madison Business Journal, March 16, 1998
"Five Fast-Track Danger Signs," In Business, December 1997
"Thinking of Starting a Business?," In Business, June 1995
"How Consultants Can Help Biotechnology Entrepreneurs," Wisconsin BioIssues, September/October 1994