Gail Nordheim Consulting, LLC
- Organizational Development & Planning
- Business Support Services
Gail Nordheim Consulting LLC helps government organizations—and organizations that work with government—to overcome challenges, plan for the future, and provide the best possible service to their customers.
What are your organization's challenges?
- Working effectively with government: I help organizations to work effectively with government regulators and funders. This enables them to understand and comply with government regulations and to compete successfully for government contracts.
- Doing more with less: I help organizations assess and prioritize their activities and streamline their work processes. This enables them to meet increasing demands and provide high quality services even as budgets are reduced.
- Project planning and management: I help organizations to plan and implement new initiatives and programs, setting measurable goals and developing clear, practical project plans. This assures that new initiatives and programs meet their objectives and that they are completed on-time and within budget.
- Regulatory compliance
- Organizational and process improvement
- Quality management system design and implementation
- Planning and implementation of new projects and initiatives
- Meeting facilitation
- Strategic planning
- Research and analysis
- Proposal writing
- Budget request development
Gail Nordheim has over 30 years of experience working with government organizations and with organizations that do business with government.
Gail established Gail Nordheim Consulting LLC in 2008. From 1999-2008, she was Senior Consultant with The Management Group, Inc. (TMG), a consulting firm based in Madison Wisconsin. She has provided consultation to clients in a wide variety of organizations. A partial list of her clients includes:
Wisconsin Assisted Living Association
NorthernBridges Family Care*
Wisconsin Department of Children and Families*
Clients while at TMG :
Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Bureau of Long Term Support
- Bureau of Developmental Disabilities
- Bureau of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
Wisconsin Department of Children and Families
Milwaukee Department of Human Services, Milwaukee WI
North Central Health Care, Wausau WI
Northwest Wisconsin Long-term Care Options
West Central Wisconsin Care Management Collaborative
Mental Health Association in Wisconsin , Milwaukee WI
Eau Claire County Human Services Department, Eau Claire WI
Kenosha County Division of Disability Services, Kenosha WI
Lakeview Manor, Weyauwega WI
*Subcontract through TMG
Gail presented an invited seminar on Child Welfare Quality to the Family and Child Protection and Welfare Branch of the Singapore Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports. From Singapore, she consulted successfully with North American clients using e-mail and Skype (web phone) .
State government experience:
Gail has held senior-level positions in state government. These include serving as Deputy Administrator of the Wisconsin Division of Animal Health and as an analyst responsible for a $630 million Medicaid nursing home budget for the WI Department of Health Services. She has done extensive consulting with state government, involving multiple short and long-term contracts involving long-term care, mental health, substance abuse and child welfare services
Local government experience.
Gail served as Director of the Dane County WI Department of Administration, overseeing budgeting and internal management functions for county government. She has done extensive work with county governments on long-term care, substance abuse, child welfare and mental health programs.
Gail has considerable knowledge and experience with Medicaid Home and Community Based Waivers, including both managed care and fee-for-service waiver programs. This includes in-depth knowledge of federal quality requirements for home and community based long-term care programs.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley
- Master of Arts in Public Affairs from the Hubert Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota
- Six Sigma yellow belt