Building Balance, llc
- Coaching & Personal Development
With humor, enthusiasm and authenticity I inspire individuals and organizations to bring their true selves forward and engage the world with intention. Truly a born facilitator, I am passionate about meaningful communication, ethical business practices and the success of people and businesses with whom I engage.
I am trained in Co-Active™ and Conversational Intelligence™ (C-IQ™) coaching. Co-Active focuses on fierce courage, empowered choice, honesty with ourselves about where we want to be and working through what's holding us back. C-IQ leverages cutting-edge neuroscientific research to inform how we influence and connect with others through conversation.
Experience and passions include:
- Executive and leadership coaching
- Personal and professional development life coaching
- Professional speaking
- Workshop development and facilitation
- Functional application of core values to business culture a
- Meyers-Briggs™ (MBTI™) assessment and workshops
- Project Management (PMP certified) within Business, IT and Change Management teams
Individuals and organizations are offered Co-Active and C-IQ coaching as well as MBTI assessments.
- Co-Active focuses on fierce courage, empowered choice, honesty with ourselves about where we want to be and working through what's holding us back. A plan is created and navigated together to accomplish these meaningful goals.
- C-IQ levearges cutting-edge neuroscientific research to inform how we influence and connect with others through conversation. Mindfulness in what we say and how it impacts paves a path for deeper awareness of others, openness and trust.
- MBTI personality type assessments provide a framework to better understand ourselves and those around us. Clarity on the strengths (and potential challenges) of type informs how we communicate, lead, make decisions, handle stress and more.
Workshops, team building and speaking is also available for groups and organizations.
- Workshops leverage values-based leadership, coaching and MBTI to bring rocky teams back on track or further enhance the function of high-performance groups. Targeted workshops are also available for specific topics, i.e. enhancing high-functioning teams, crucial conversations, resolving conflict, decision making, leadership and more.
- Speaking is available on multiple topics, such as: C-IQ, functional application and use of core values, leadership, team development, conflict resolution and motivational speaking about recovery from trauma and injury.
My background is diverse, and includes the following industries:
- Massage and bodywork
- Restaurant and retail management
Outside of my current coaching, training and speaking practice I've been an IT and corporate change management project manager, trained as a massage therapist and spent 10 years working with the State of Wisconsin on a Fortune 50 healthcare account.
- Certified MBTI Practitioner
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (CLSSYB)
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Member, International Coach Federation (ICF) global and local chapters
- Affiliate, Institute of Coaching at McLean Hospital, a Harvard Medical School Affiliate
- Member, Project Management Institute (PMI) global and local chapters
- Member, Toastmasters International
- Academy Member, National Speakers Association (NSA) - Wisconsin
- Member, Out Professionals Engagement Network (OPEN)
- Member, Madison Area Business Consultants (MABC)
Volunteering and giving back:
- Domestic Abuse Intervention Service (DAIS) - Job skills training and coaching
- Greyhound Pets of America - Foster home and event volunteer
- PMI Madison Chapter - Event volunteer