Career Momentum, Inc.
- Coaching & Personal Development
- Human Resources
7941 Tree Lane, Suite 210
Madison, WI 53717
Career Momentum, Inc. is also known by the thousands of people we have assisted through career services, including resume development, job search coaching, and career assessment, since we were founded in Madison in 1994.
Career Momentum has become the provider of choice in Southern Wisconsin for corporate talent management services. We help our clients with Executive Coaching, Employee Engagement, Employee and Leadership Development, Succession Planning, and Career Transition.
Employers in the Madison and Milwaukee areas look to Career Momentum to provide career transition and outplacement services that are individualized to each person’s needs and are delivered in a face-to-face setting by a dedicated coach who knows the individual’s employment landscape. Career Momentum is Madison's only full-service outplacement company, providing a personalized, face-to-face approach to help your exiting employees make a successful and quick transition to a new job. Our career transition services also include Spousal Relocation to assist you in moving a key employee when the partner’s employment becomes a barrier to relocation. With our global partnership, Career Partners International (CPI), we have 270 offices in 45 countries to serve your needs.
In addition to outplacement and relocation services, the New Horizons retirement planning program, The Five Behaviors of an Effective Team, and Create Your Career GPS are CPI services offered world-wide to assist you in creating conversations with your employees around team building and team work, re-deployment, re-engagement and/or retirement. Our Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) qualified consultants are also experienced in facilitating “Type and Change” and “MBTI Teambuilding” programs.
Our fastest growing business, executive coaching, has provided support to emerging and existing executives, allowing them to grow into the leaders their companies need them to be.
E-Learning is another strategy we are able to offer to companies under 2,500 employees, at very affordable price points, through our partnership with SkillSoft, the leading provider of on-demand e-learning solutions. With over 13 million licensed users, SkillSoft serves over 5,000 customers globally and has been ranked #1 in customer loyalty for three years running.
We partner with our clients to effectively use employee assessment solutions from Profiles International, eSkill, CPP (MBTI), and ASSESS Systems to select the right people and develop them to their full potential. Our website (www.careermomentum.com) will provide more details on the assessment services we offer, including:
- Pre-Employment Job-Fit and Post-Employment Coaching Tools: ASSESS, ProfileXT, PXT Select, and Profiles Sales Assessment. These tools allow you to build Competency Models / Success Patterns that can directly support the strategic goals and objectives of the organization and integrate selection, performance management, training, compensation, and promotion. Competency models clarify work expectations for individuals, create a shared understanding of expectations and aid in creating a culture that aligns to those standards.
- Pre-Employment Skill Assessment: eSkills – a tool that allows you to tailor the questions to the job
- Pre-Employment Attitude Assessment: Step One Survey II
- Personality Assessments: MBTI (Myers-Briggs), Profiles Performance Indicator (a DISC-type instrument)
- Multi-Rater Feedback: CheckPoint 360, ASSESS 360
An assessment process is tailored to the specific situation and person receiving our Leadership Development, Coaching, Succession Planning and Performance Improvement services. Coaches with deep experience in similar roles to those who they are coaching work in private consultation to assist leaders to overcome roadblocks to success, improve competencies, and develop and articulate vision and strategies. Our processes help our clients to identify high-potential employees and prepare them to fill leadership roles. In addition to utilizing a traditional 9-block analysis of the key players, Career Momentum can show you how to make your succession plan a useful tool to focus development of your key talent.
We apply classic Change Management Principles to help executives and professionals manage their career transition process. The steps applied to career transition include:
- Understanding the urgency of taking action.
- Identifying internal and external resources, i.e. strengths, interests/passions, experiences, knowledge, relationships and communities you can rally to support and guide you in a new direction.
- Creating vision and developing strategy.
- Developing tools to communicate this vision effectively, i.e. resume, networking profile, letters, telephone, online, and interviewing strategies.
- Getting organized
- Identifying and empowering networking resources.
- Working for and celebrating short-term wins as important steps to achieving the big goal.
- Effectively on-boarding and applying new skills to continued career growth.
Career Momentum, Inc. was founded by Clara Nydam in 1989. In 2004, the company was invited to become a global partner/equity owner of Career Partners International. Cory Erickson became the owner of Career Momentum in January 2014 after more than 30 years in the Human Resources (HR) field. He held progressively responsible HR positions throughout his career working for Hormel (Fort Dodge, IA), Maytag (Newton, IA), WE Energies (Milwaukee, WI), Lakeshore, Inc. (Kingsford, MI), and Thermo Fisher Scientific (Madison, WI). His last role with Thermo Fisher was Director, Human Resources for the molecular spectroscopy business unit ($250M) where he had worked for 20 years.
Cory serves on the Board of Directors of the Southwest Wisconsin Red Cross and is an active member of the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM), serving on the Membership Committee of the Greater Madison Area SHRM chapter. He holds a Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resources Management from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) from the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) and as a Senior Certified Professional through the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM-SCP).