Why Hire a Consultant?
The most common reasons for hiring a consultant are:
- You need specialized skills.
- You need new ideas.
- You need third party objectivity.
- You have a large, complex and/or politically sensitive project.
- You need a task or project done, but you do not have the staff to do it in-house.
Why hire a member of Madison Area Business Consultants to solve these problems? By being part of this association, members receive benefits that help improve the services they provide to clients:
- Continuing education. At every monthly meeting, consultants have the opportunity to hear a presentation tailored to the special challenges of consulting. Programs delivered by members, as well as outside professionals, cover the spectrum of skills and knowledge needed to provide high quality consulting services to clients.
- Collaboration. Meetings are monthly opportunities for consultants to network with each other, build relationships and share experiences. Advice and assistance are willingly shared between members, and members can collaborate with each other to better serve clients. The categories in the Find a Consultant section, and the number of members in each category, demonstrate the collaborative power available to clients who use Madison Area Business Consultants as a resource.
- Location. Members are located in Madison and surrounding communities in southern Wisconsin. Being geographically close to most of their clients means greater accessibility, and Madison's proximity to Milwaukee, Chicago and Minneapolis/St. Paul means low overhead costs.
Madison Area Business Consultants is an association of independent consultants who describe their services on their individual Business Web Page. Click on Find a Consultant to access these pages. However, if you need help in selecting a member to contact, you can contact our co-chair Eric Brown.
If your firm needs the services of a consultant, chances are good that a member of Madison Area Business Consultants can meet your needs.